Tuesday, March 5, 2013

What Next?

Before I started working on Number Nine(my Kim Diehl table runner), I figured I should get the Temecula Twelve Days of Christmas quilt finished up. I only had a little bit of hand quilting left to do (and the binding) and I managed to get it done while watching  listening to television. 


I'm keeping up with the Grandmother's Choice blocks. 
I need to  decide on a setting soon so I can start putting some of the blocks together.
Have I said that already? 

Block 27 Grandmother's Dream
Today was the second Prairie Women's Sewing Circle meeting. 
So naturally, there was a huge snow storm! 
There were probably only eight of us crazy enough to drive 30 miles for a quilt meeting, 
but it was still fun.

We are on Journey Three, so we will be making hexagons during the meeting. 
We got our patterns for the end of the year hexagon project, 
Elizabeth's Prairie Garden. Now we know how many hexies we will need to make. 

Elizabeth's Prairie Garden is on the right in the center row.
It has little wool applique flowers on top of the light hexie flowers.

We also got the pattern for Windy Hill Farm (lower left).
It has cute little pinwheel cornerstones.
Martha gave us the fabric and papers for the 1" hexagons (lower right)
to practice on in class,
and Denise demonstrated several ways to make hexies.
The  hexi diamonds (top of photo) that I have been working on  use 1/2 " papers and,
of course, I over did it and ordered 1500 pieces to go with the 125 that I already had,
so......
I'm thinking that maybe I should use my 1/2" papers and make a mini Prairie Garden. 
But......
I could cover a lot more territory (and use more of my stash) by using the one inch papers.
Decisions, decisions...
Since there were so few of us at the meeting,
we were all lucky and got a little packet of  3/4" papers and some fun bright fabrics.

I hope to get the Kim Diehl table runner basted tomorrow so I can do some big stitch quilting in the evenings.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that getting it finished by the end of March!








No comments:

Post a Comment