Friday, January 10, 2014

Listing

I may not have any goals or resolutions for this year, but I do have lists--lots of them!

I have a list of appointments I need to schedule.
I have a list of questions to ask my doctor the next time I see her.
I have a list of items I need to take to my Mom's new residence.
I have a list of things I need to bring to my first Stitch Therapy meeting.
I have a list of tasks I need to complete before the first Stitch Therapy meeting.
I have a list of my UFO's that will be crossed off as they are finished (that should be gratifying!).
I have a mental list of cleaning/organizing projects that need to be done (if I don't write them down, it will be easier to forget to do them).
I have an on-going Costco shopping list.

Of course, I also have an ongoing grocery list.
My most important "top of the pile" list? My packing list for retreat! 

I have my trusty Plano rolling work station loaded up, my suitcase ready to pack, my machine oiled and fitted with a new needle, a new blade in my rotary cutter, my batch of Pioneer Woman cinnamon rolls in the works and I'm raring to go!!

I have all five steps of Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice cut out and ready to work on at retreat.
I made a test block of each step so I would know which tools I need to pack.
Step one is actually finished and I will bring those components to retreat in case I get to the point where I can start putting the parts together. 

blockA
My star points will be red and I think this year my fabrics will have some good contrast.
I need to make 60 of these blocks.
[blockB%255B3%255D.jpg]
I'm using green in the same places as Bonnie did, so this square will show up nicely, I hope!
I'll need 61 of these--this will be a big quilt!
114x114
This is how it will all go together. I'm excited to see how my colors will translate!

I'm pretty sure this will keep me busy while I'm at retreat next week, but just in case I'll be packing up a few of the projects that I have cut out and ready to sew.
I can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. From one list maker to another -- that's the only way to roll !! If I didn't have my lists, I'd forget what to do, when to do it, and if I already did it.
    Sounds like you have some action-packed days ahead with the retreat and Bonnie's mystery cut and ready to go.
    Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to a retreat a week from Thursday. It will be 4 days--I'm already prepping! Have a great time. Oh, and I have my rolling tool box thing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been drooling over Bonnie Hunters Celtic Soltice. Looking forward to watching your come to life!

    ReplyDelete