Sunday, January 12, 2014

Thank you, Mr. Mail Carrier!

I've done as much packing as possible before I leave for the retreat tomorrow, 
so did a little catch-up sewing. 
The tree block is the 8th block in the Quilty Fun sew-along.
A few weeks ago I won a prize from the Fat Quarter Shop as an entrant in the Quilty Fun Flickr group.
My prize was sold out though, so they gave me a gift certificate instead.

Of course, as soon as I had that certificate in my hot little hands, I had to go shopping!
It just happened to be the day all the Aurifil thread sets were on sale during their 12 Days of Christmas sale.

Twelve spools of Aurifil ended up to be about $5 a spool--thank you Fat Quarter Shop!!
These colors are right up my palette.

Holly Hill Quilt Designs
I had forgotten that I had won this gorgeous kit, "Tour des Jardin" a while back, so when it arrived it was a  total surprise.
I have the memory of a gnat.
It's a huge stack of fabrics and a Block of the Month set of patterns (specifically designed for the fabrics) from  Holly Hill Quilt Designs.
I can't wait to dig into this when I get back home.

Blues, Reds and Creams--Love!

I got really lucky when I scored this one yard bundle of 13 fabrics from the Nancy Gere Indigo and Gold Collection.
It was for sale on a Yahoo group I belong to for $25 including shipping.
$1.92 a yard--awesome!!!

Norma Whaley
Norma Whaley from Timeless Traditions sent me this sweet covered notebook--just because!
You know I love birds and sunflowers!
I plan to use this to record all my 2014 projects--I love it.

That's just a few of the things my awesome and patient mail carrier delivered this holiday season.
That cyber shopping keeps him busy!

5 comments:

  1. You are so lucky! The kit you won is absolutely adorable. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fabric find! Love those antique blues. And such a cute notebook, what a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you lucky girl! Can't wait to see what you whip up with those bargains/wins. I love the little notebook cover -- sweet! I got that same deal on the Aurifil -- how can one resist ? How was the retreat ?? Lucky you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some beautiful things you've shown there! Love the fabrics in the Holly Hill block of the month, and the Aurifil threads. Hahaha they're right up your palette! love the expression.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Indigo and Gold fabric collection. Beautiful and what a great bargain. Can't wait to see what you do with them. I am enjoying your posts!

    ReplyDelete