Monday, April 14, 2014

A Little Catching Up....

There's not a lot happening in the sewing room right now, but I thought I would post a few things before I  begin preparing Mr. Moosebay's dinner. I have to get an early start since tonight is our guild meeting.
This is last week's Jane Austen block from Barbara Brackman.
I am making my blocks 6" so I do a conversion in my BlockBase program. 

This is a mock up of Block 2 on one of my design boards. 


This was the second arrangement I laid out and ended up sewing together.
Unfortunately, I didn't notice that I left the setting in BlockBase to round to the nearest 1/8th inch, so my block was too big--not much, but too big--ack!!
Since I had to reverse sew, re-cut, and re-sew, I changed those half square triangles.
There was not enough contrast in the originals.
 I'm much happier with it now although cutting 1-11/16th inch squares isn't the most fun I've had lately!
My Triangle Sew Along top is all sewn together and ready to quilt.
I plan on leaving the jagged sides just for fun.
Gotta run so no links today--sorry!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I like the versatility of a Sister's Choice block (your block #2), but doggone challenging to work with a 5-part block when making a 6 inch or 8 inch or 12 inch block. You did well--and so patiently :)
    Your fabric color choices are making such dramatic blocks. Well done.

    ReplyDelete