Friday, May 2, 2014

Under the Wire

I finished binding my Triangle quilt this week--just in time to still have it in the parade that ends tomorrow. Of course, I had to do the zigzag edge!
TriangleButton800
see all the finished quilts HERE
sassy quilts
I tried taking photos outside this morning but it was crazy windy--
hard to arrange the quilt that's ready to fly away.

I almost got the whole thing before it blew off the railing....

so this is the quilt inside the house. I quilted it using Aurifil and did the usual Cinnamon Rolls....

except around the stars, where I did McTavishing and echoed inside the stars.
It will be a fun little throw if it doesn't get donated to Quilts of Valor--I have several other quilts in line for donation, so this one I may keep for myself. 
I've decided that I must have enough leader and ender spools to make a good sized quilt, soooo....

I printed up an EQ7 lay out for the Bonnie Hunter lozenges and cut 175 charms in half. I'm going to do all the 1.5" dark flippy corners first and then will cut the light corners--700 of them!
Using 5 inch charms and 1.5" corner squares, my quilt should end up 52"x 65"--a good size for donation.

8 comments:

  1. Hi!!! It is very pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, what is the pattern called? you choice of colors speak to me and the top quilting is perfect for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea arranging a few stars in among the random triangles. It looks great in red, white and blue too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the zip zag edge on the triangle quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The zig zag edge is awesome....wonderful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  6. The triangle quilt is one I would keep if I had made it. The fabrics work so well in this design. Are they a mix from stash? Looks a lot like Minnick and Simpson fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome finish! I just love how this came together. Thanks so much for quilting along with me. I saw that Alex@ Aurifil shared your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your triangle quilt. I love the colours and the layout arrangement you came up with.

    ReplyDelete