Sunday, June 15, 2014

Weekend Report

Well, another week with almost no sewing! I spent most of my time (when it wasn't raining) puttering in the garden and cleaning. I also had a lot of other things going on like meeting with the Realtor selling my mother's house,a quilt guild meeting, a temporary crown installed, and I even worked a half day at Colorz for Quilts.

Amanda Jean Nyberg from Crazy Mom Quilts was our guest speaker at this month's guild meeting. Sadly, I forgot to bring my camera, but you can visit her blog to see some of her fun and colorful quilts. She has coauthored a great book, Sunday Morning Quilts filled with scrappy, happy designs. She was an excellent speaker and lots of fun!

I wasn't sure if I would get to the Minnesota Quilt Show after having dental work on Thursday, but on Friday, my tooth was feeling great and I decided to make a quick run to the show in St. Cloud.
I took lots of pictures, mostly of quilting designs that I won't share, but these were a few of my favorites. This one had tons of thread-work.

A close-up of the quilting--sorry it's a bit blurred.

This was amazing and life sized!

I had to take a photo of my friend Carolina's sea turtle!

This was so charming--three dimensional too.

I'm so sad that this was such a bad photo.
Anyway, it's my very favorite quilt in the show.
 I've been looking at this quilt in my old books, thinking I should try to reproduce it some day and someone else beat me to it! 

It was done with wool applique--love the spiderweb quilting too.

Another 3-D quilt--so cute.

Yes, the blue bonnets are made from zippers!

And so were the sunflowers--fun!

Can you tell from the size of the ribbon how amazingly tiny this one is?

The applique quilts are my favorites--I was really drawn to the colors in this one.

Oh my gosh--a mini Dear Jane--adorable!!

This was a beautiful version of the Civil War Bride quilt

This entire aisle (both sides) was filled with red and white quilts made by two sisters.
They were inspired by the red and white show in NYC a few years ago.

Just a few of the amazing red and white quilts.
I've shown Val's quilt before it was quilted--here it is in the show!

If you squint, you can probably figure out who this is!
(pixilated Lincoln)

1 comment:

  1. Some very good quilts. That little red and white pineapple quilt is amazing and small! The Indian very realistic. The applique quilts are my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete