Friday, October 3, 2014

Quilt Show Eye Candy!

I'm busy packing for a retreat, but wanted to share photos of a few of the awesome quilts from last weekend's Chaska quilt show before I left.

 I met up with my cousin Barb for a fun day of browsing quilts and shopping opportunities:
There was a gallery display of quilts by Audree Sells, a founding member of the guilt.
This little beauty is one of her postcard quilts.

This one is also Audree's--so pretty!
Most of her quilts have black and white or stripey borders or bindings.

There was a great bed turning--I loved this Dresden plate setting.
 It was made from some of the over 400 blocks made years ago.
There were several quilts shown in the bed turning made from the blocks with a hilarious story that went with them.

This quilt was also made using some of the vintage plate blocks.
It was hanging in the show as it was made recently.

You can see the vintage blocks are a variation of a Dresden plate--more like a flower.

I love that there are always little vignettes scattered among the quilts. 

Okay--my favorite part of the show--lots of tiny Lemoyne Star quilts!
I need to start making some of these soon....

I think they were 3 or 4 inches finished--so cute!

There were several of them and all had different settings.

I can't decide which was my favorite--I love them all!

I think there may have been an exchange--lots of fabric variety. 

Another vignette with a sweet bulls eye quilt.

This is such a fun quilt--love those eyes!
More next time!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing these gorgeous quilts! I love those "dresden" flowers and all of the quilts are lovely. Also I particularly like Audree's pieces--tell her the colors just sing...great works all...enjoy your retreat--I'm jealous lol hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful show. I too love the LeMoyne Star quilts and would be hard pressed to choose a favourite. The vignettes are lovely and I'm going to suggest that my Guild consider the same thing at our next show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Those little Lemoyne star quilts too :0) I think the first one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great photos - I too love the LeMoyne stars - they're all yummy!

    ReplyDelete