Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Stitching Society Update

I haven't neglected my wool hexagons!
I had taken photos on a pretty gloomy day last week and they were awful. 
Today, I think there is almost too much sun, but here goes:
I finished the last of the veggies:
The Artichoke

Now I am into the quilt block grouping:
Cactus Basket 
Shoo Fly

Six Pointed Star

Pride of the Prairie

Variable Star

I jumped ahead to the last group of patterns--the patriotic designs.
Five Pointed Star
If you are interested, you can find information about the Stitching Society Hexagons HERE
I don't have too many more to go!

I have so many people tell me they would like to try wool applique, but don't want to invest in expensive wool. My advice is to buy scrap bags!
There are lots of places on line that sell their scraps--just Google wool scrap bags.
These are a few that I found this morning:
In the Patch Designs
Etsy Shops (be sure you are finding 100% wool--wool felt is nice (and more affordable), but I tend to stick with wool.
Erica's
Also, another good source is a vendor at a quilt show. I found some awesome scrap bag bargains from One Wing Wool at a show last year. Even the tiniest scraps of wool are useful since you don't need a seam allowance to turn under!
Linking with Scraptastic Tuesday
and Sew Cute Tuesday

7 comments:

  1. Hello Karen! These are just beautiful.... can't wait to see them all put together! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blocks are so gorgeous! Thanks for linking up with us at #scraptastictuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all, Karen, but the little cactus basket with the tiny decorative stitching is especially sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the advice on wool! I get scrap bags of cottons that work well for scrap quilts, never thought about looking for wool scrap bags. Your hexes continue to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The artichoke just made me smile. How many artichokes are ever included in a quilt. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great. There is such a wonderful variety in all the designs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What size are your hexies

    ReplyDelete