Sunday, November 22, 2015

What I'm Stitchin'

It's getting to be very cold outside!--perfect excuse for staying in and doing some stitching! This week we got our first snow (not very much) and Saturday morning, we woke up to an ice covered lake. It will be a while before the ice is thick enough to walk on though.
I finished the latest Buttermilk Basin block during an applique meeting at Colorz on Friday.... 

and now, since I'm finished with my Stars in the Garden for the time being, I needed a Slow Stitching project. I thought it would be a good idea to revisit Mrs. Billings--it's been too long!!

I have the four corner rosettes for Border Nine finished and when I have the 24 sets of rosettes needed for the rest of the border basted, I will start to assemble them. There's still Borders Five through Eight to deal with, but I'll think about that tomorrow--lol! 
Have a great day stitching!
Linking with Slow Sunday Stitching HERE

21 comments:

  1. Love Mrs. Billings! Great fabric choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the candy cane! I printed that one out and hope to get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never got the Mrs. Billings pattern but for a time thought I wanted to make it, not sure if I still do but will be watching yours grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the candy cane block, and Mrs. Billings looks so pretty I look forward to seeing the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Mrs Billings is one heck of a project! Love your block and the cheery candy cane! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candy Cane is so cute! Love the holly and red buttons embellishment. Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pretty candy cane Karen and your Mrs Billings rosettes look wonderful! Have a great week! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty candy cane. I just love Buttermilk Basin's patterns. Wow, your Mrs. Billings is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the photo of all the little pieces with the red clips :)
    Enjoy Mrs. Billings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fabrics that you used on that candy candy are wonderful. It looks so vibrant and rich. Gorgeous. Your rosette is pretty too. Your fabrics are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That corner rosette is fabulous! I can't wait to see the rest of the border progress :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those corner rosettes! your fussy cutting and fabric choice is so appealing. The slow stitching will be fun while you keep warm inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The candy cane block is the perfect treat for block 11 and the rosettes are awesome. Great slow stitching on a cold November day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the hexies and how you fussy cut them . Have fun stitching today

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your candy cane is perfect -- great job! I love your hexies, and that corner we can see of Mrs. Billings looks very promising. Beautiful colours! I hope you had a productive day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely, lovely, lovely projects!! That candy cane is so cute!!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the hexies and how you fussy cut the fabric. I don't think I know Mrs Billings. Hope I will see more of her as she looks like a very impressive project. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your candy cane is just perfect!! Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your candy cane block turned out beautifully! I love the subtle pattern in your red wool. The whole thing looks so festive. : )
    Looks like your other project is very ambitious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your hexagon block is very eye-catching. I think I have that red fabric you have used for the outer hexagons.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are lovely blocks to be working on. They look great.

    ReplyDelete