Wednesday, June 14, 2017

It's a Scraptastic day....

Yesterday was Scraptastic Tuesday, but since I was in bed all day, today is my scrappy day.
This is the design wall today. 

This Pumpkin Peel unit is a new addition to the wall.
 I was offered a chance to take a class with Mary Elizabeth Kinch at the MN Quilter's show in Duluth on Saturday (thanks again, Susan!),  I used leftover scraps from the 365 Challenge quilt and chose a Jo Morton dot as my background. I need three more of these units for a table topper. 

Mary Elizabeth suggested using and unexpected background--maybe a cheddar? I could use red for a patriotic look, I suppose. The units are appliqued to the background, so until I get three more completed, I have plenty of time to ponder--lol!


My mystery hour glass units have been sewn together just to get them out of the way--I'm not sure what will happen with this next. 

Even though I had vowed that I would not participate in any sew along's this year--here I am sewing along. My excuse is that I had the book and the scraps!

FYI:
I asked Denise at Colorz to order a Magic Pressing Mat for me--I don't know why I waited so long to get one of these. The theory is that the thick felted wool holds the heat. It's a bit pricey, but I love it!

Back to the scrap pile!
Linking with Nicky and Scraptastic Tuesday HERE


13 comments:

  1. Wow, that Pumpkin Peel is really something! I think it looks great on the Jo Morton dot.
    Isn't it funny the "reasons" we can come up with to justify sewing along when we vowed we would not? Been there, done that--over and over again! LOL
    Pressing mat looks intriguing. Have not seen those before, but I like what I see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have the nicest scrappy projects :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great scrap work! I love the Pumpkin Peel block; the table runner will be very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so great. The Pumpkin Peel unit looks hard. But, I like the double layer of patches. I haven't ever heard of that mat, I'll have to look into it. The stars with the pink centers look especially nice and vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Pumpkin Peel. I too said I was not going to do any sew alongs...Oh well it's not written in stone. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love your scraps!! Super fun Pumpkin peel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pumpkin peel. Ordered the True Blue book. Cannot startjust had CTS hand surgery on right then left. So I would start late. Love all projects on design wall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the blue you're working with. The Pumpkin Peel is fantastic. It will be interesting to see what color and style background you'll choose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pumpkin peel - I'd love to see it appliqued to a large motif fabric so it looks like a trellis you are looking through - I might have to try that out! All your projects are gorgeously scrappy! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to use that Pumpkin Peel design sometime, too. I like the cheddar background better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW you have a lot going on here and I love them all! :) That peel is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I assume you must have been sick if you spent the day in bed. Or maybe it was cleaning day and the thought of it kept you from getting up. LOL! I hope you are feeling perky now.
    Pumpkin Peel. Now that is a bit different. Much like the parts for a Double Wedding Ring but double the little pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the fabrics in your pumpkin peel block! I have got that book from the library more than once. It's so tempting to start it!

    ReplyDelete